Seeking Educators to charter a new path in
Avantika is conceived and envisioned as India’s first Design Centered University and is spearheaded by eminent educationist, Dr. Sanjay Dhande – Former Director, IIT Kanpur. The spirit of creativity and innovation, complemented by design thinking and intellectual boldness is the central theme at Avantika. The unique academic model is based on an integrated trans-disciplinary approach that harmoniously amalgamates design with various disciplines on a solid foundation of liberal education.
We invite you to join us in our mission to develop students as innovators and contribute towards creating a positive change in society. We seek;
- Empowered Individuals, to work beyond boundaries
- Mentors and Facilitators for nurturing young learners
- Innovation Evangelists, to take on challenges and question the status-quo
If you are an academician, an industry professional, an active consultant, an administrator, or pursuing research, and seek a vibrant environment for lifelong learning, we are looking just for you.
Avantika is seeking energetic applicants for Full time, Adjunct and Visiting faculty positions in one or more of the relevant fields of Engineering, Technology, Design, Economics, and Finance.
Avantika is the place for you,
- If you are an academician, industry professional, an active consultant, or pursuing research or just graduated from an institution and seeking vibrant environment for lifelong learning.
- If you like to work without disciplinary and departmental boundaries.
- If you are excited about co-teaching in an Experiential, Studio and Project-based learning environment.
- If you cherish joys of creating with young learners, and question the status-quo and use innovative methods to teach, interact and learn.
- If you appreciate how design, research and society connect with each other, love to engage in creative writing, run interactive workshops, and leverage advances in other disciplines.
- If you like to work in a team environment.
- If you as a teacher can impact and influence the minds and spirits of young learners.
We envisage faculty to collaborate, to move in new directions and grow, and to take risks as they work towards Avantika’s mission of developing students as innovators with the spirit of Design Thinking and contributing to impacting positive change in the society.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To manage, organize, evaluate and disseminate information, providing support to members of academic community including students, researchers, faculty and staff. To facilitate and support learning by information retrieval skills within classrooms or virtual learning environments. To develop digital resources of learning and spend considerable time working with electronic resources, involving database management. To ensure collection of titles and journals (both paper and electronic) and assist researchers with literature searches using databases, printed resources and the internet. To participate in professional groups or networks; creating, updating and managing information resources, both electronic and printed; selecting, acquiring and cataloguing information using library and information software.
- strong IT skills and familiarity with the use of databases and the internet
- assessment of resources and library users needs
- presentation and verbal communication skills
- subject - specific knowledge or expertise in a particular function, for example ICT resources or resource ordering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. The ability to convey complex issues concisely and clearly when under pressure. Information management skills to identify, access, interrogate and store information and data effectively to deliver information requirements. Ability to manage a members of staff positively and effectively including through people management issues using all HR policies and procedures e. G. Capability, sickness, disciplinary, organizational change etc.
- PhD or Masters in Library Science
- 10 to 12 years in a modern education set - up.
Place of Work
- Avantika University Campus at Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
Avantika is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avantika encourages diversity and the diverse workforce is a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of India and the whole world. It is the policy of Avantika to prohibit discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, sex, marital status, civil union status, or national origin.